Uh, I just got done reading Stephanie's update on Alyssia not sleeping through the night and all I have to say is...JOIN THE CLUB. We have jackets. Veronica is 17 months old and STILL not sleeping through the night. And I don't think the baby whisperer has the answer for us. I think that woman is evil. She makes me want to strangle my child (not really, but you know what I mean). I cannot sit in the room and listen to Veronica scream bloody murder at me for hours! I can't do it! And this pick up put down stuff is NONSENSE! I tried it! And every time I put her down the screaming got louder and louder. Then, she wouldn't stop at all and so there was never a time to put her down because you're supposed to wait until they stop crying! The only thing that works for me is to rock her to sleep while nursing her, then put her down ASLEEP then go get her in the middle of the night when she wakes up and take her to bed with me. It's the only way anyone gets any sleep. I don't care what any supposed baby whisperer says, I am too tired at 2 am to do any kind of rocking, sitting, picking up putting down....i can barely walk let alone try to coax a screaming child back to sleep. I'm going to write a book called "Give them WHATEVER they want at 2 in the Morning" and make a million dollars.
The whole sickness thing is a bear. Veronica started sleeping till at least 6am and then got violently ill and since then we're back to waking up at 2 am. I can't stand it. But everyone assures me they do grow out of it. Tonight, she went down close to midnight. You heard me. Midnight. I let her stay up too late and then she was overtired and it was a major struggle. I do think schedules are good, but sticking to them is very difficult for me. I tend to be the kind of person who is flexible. I don't eat at the same time every day, etc. so it's hard for me to make her do it. I think the important thing is to find what works for you and do that. Lately, for us that's letting her sleep half the night in our bed. At least she goes down in her own bed and stays there for 4 hours or so. And we don't have to listen to her scream at 3 in morning and feel like the world's worst parents.
So Steph, you're not a failure...or we both are which should make you feel better! Oh, and about Alyssia not pulling up..that's no big deal. They all move at their own pace. She's perfectly fine. Mom said you were much slower than Deirdre at all that kind of stuff and you're fine! Don't worry about her. She's fine.
Saturday, June 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, I'm determined to give this baby whisperer method a really good try. At this stage, the book says, no picking up, just putting down and talking. So that's what we're doing and yes, there is a lot of crying/screaming. Today's morning nap was a total loss. We did put down put down the whole time. But the afternoon nap went much better. 59 put downs and about 25 minutes and she rolled over and went to sleep on her own!! A MIRACLE!!!! I"m really hoping to make it work.
love you meggo
Well good luck! Hope it works. I'm looking for something for toddlers that doesn't involve crying. We'll see what I find. I would let her cry it out, only jason can't take it because he gets up so early!
Post a Comment