
So I'm sure that no one is reading this, which gives it a whole new appeal. There's no one to judge how witty or decidedly un-witty I actually am. Today Veronica and I spent the day by a friend's pool. It was a gorgeous Chicago summer day. 78 and breezy. The setting sun today was not to be missed. It was one of those that turns everything golden and hazy. Lovely.
Veronica had her first Bomb Pop today. Here she is enjoying it.
Tonight while I was driving home I saw the most awesome display of fireflies and it reminded me of those long summer nights on Aspen Drive. It was just magical and I realized that I get to experience it all over again. I thought 7 was gone. I thought I would never spin around so long that I'd fall over giggling and watch the clouds whirl by again. But I will. I have a little one who loves to twirl. And we do. Often. I can't tell you what it means to know that 7 is coming around again. That magic year where everything is gold and all bike rides are downhill, and your only worry is whether it will rain. Forts, house, tag, ghosts in the graveyard, red light green light, honeysuckle on the breeze...it's all coming back. And this time, I'll know how fleeting those moments are. This time I'll get it.
Have babies. It's the best thing in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment