Well, she lasted 2 hours longer in her room last night which, I guess, is progress. Instead of coming to bed with me at 2, I made her wait until 4. It took me 45 minutes to put her back to sleep the first time she woke up and about 30 min. the second time. Then at 4am, I was too tired. So we went to bed. The good news is, according to this book, it's okay to do that as long as you're making progress. Then, for a nap today, she fought pretty hard for her first one but eventually conked out after 5 minutes of fussing. The second nap she went down rather easy just now and fussed for about 30 seconds, then went to sleep, then woke up when some idiot upstairs dropped something on the floor above her head, so I went in and said "go back to sleep, you're fine" and she fussed for another 30 secs. and now she's asleep.
Of course, that's not "no-crying" as the book says, but I think at her age, there is going to be some crying. I don't know. I'm reading this other book, Epidemic, about permissive parenting and how it has created monsters like the Columbine killers...and that guy says that if you don't allow your children to feel frustration it is very harmful to their psyche. That they need to learn the authority of parent over child early and quickly and that it starts with their sleeping habits. If that didn't scare me into getting control over this problem, nothing will. It's a very interesting book. Maybe I'll write a review when I'm done. Here's a link to one someone else wrote.
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment