
Dear Violet,
You were born on Monday, July 20th at 6:08am. Your delivery was a walk in the park compared to your sister and I hope it is a sign that you and I will have fewer struggles than Veronica and I did in those early days and months. So far, you are a very happy and content baby. (Except last night when I went to get my hair done and you screamed at Daddy and Nana the whole time. You need to work on that.) We've been having a lot of fun. Veronica is in love with you and I'm so happy to see her taking all the changes so well. You're so stinking cute. Who wouldn't love you?
Unfortunately, you're already suffering from second child syndrome. I hand you off to virtual strangers, I'm not following your every move with the camera and I haven't even made up your birth announcements. I figure they'll go out before you turn 2. So, if one day you wonder why there are 18 million photos of Veronica and only 10 of you, it's because Mommy is just really busy taking care of you and your sister and can't possibly lug one more thing (camera) with us. (I need to work on that) Your Auntie Stephanie is on your side though. She yelled at me already for not taking enough photos, still bruised and suffering from the lack of photos in her baby book, no doubt...

Well, baby, you're still sleeping right now and I'm awake, having already had to throw in a load of laundry for your sister who is having a hard time making it through the night without a potty break. (Will someone please tell me why I refuse to put her in a pull up at night?) Violet, my love, we're so happy to have you in our family and I'm sure you'll feel the same way when you get to know us...and if not, well there's always the spanker spoon. (just kidding...sort of.)
Love and kisses,
Mommy







2 comments:
beautiful, megan! and i love her name!!!!
thanks kim! we have to catch up one of these days!
Post a Comment