
As most of you know, Veronica barely eats anything. It's a real struggle to get anywhere near 3 meals a day into her. In fact, if I get 3 meals a week into her it was a good week. I've been so frustrated about it. Mealtime is my least favorite part of the day (and unfortunately it seems like it's an all day affair). How does a child of mine not like food??? Why can't I have her malady? I'm struggling to not eat everything I see while she turns her nose up at deep fried oreos. DEEP FRIED OREOS!!! I can't get her to eat anything. Last night we were at a carnival and she barely touched her fried oreos. She won't eat cake, cupcakes, pizza, hot dogs, you name it, she won't eat it. Everyone says "well there must be something she likes." And unbelievably the answer is...nothing. Not one solid food does she crave. All she wants is Ovaltine. Maybe God has seen me struggle not to strangle her when she refuses everything I offer her...or maybe He just feels sorry for me and wanted to give me a break because today, she woke up and said "I want eggies." Then I made them and SHE ATE THEM. She ate a quarter of an egg! Then, right after that she said "I want cheese" and she ate cheese! Then she said, "I want strawberries" and she ate those too! Then a half hour later she said "I want pizza." So I made it, AND SHE ATE THE WHOLE THING. And that's not all!!!! She has eaten about 4 strawberries in between! She's still eating! The photo above was taken AFTER dinner of pork, bananas and carrots while she was fishing with Daddy. The bread was supposed to be for the fish! I'm confused, relieved, happy, and worried. Is she sick? What's wrong with her? Does she have a tape worm? Scurvy? Why the sudden hunger?
Toddlers. What a ride.
1 comment:
Meggo---thank GOD she had a day where she ate! Ohmigoodness, I still haven't had that day with either child, and Connor is 5. I truly get beside myself. It is an all-day struggle for this household, too! Sigh. Hope she keeps it up! - Tif
Post a Comment