Sunday, June 15, 2008

Neighbors from Hell


I realize I've turned this blog into my rant-fest lately, but it's my blog and there it is! So you have to put up with it! Or go back to bored.com or whatever it is you do when you're supposed to be working...lol

I live in the most annoying apartment building on earth. Lately, three neighbors on upper floors are allowing their dogs to pee on the balconies. Which, of course, drips down onto mine (and onto my rug and my chairs and my grill...)

What does one do about people like this? These are obviously not people you can reason with. Who does that to a dog? And we're talking about three different people with 5 to 6 dogs between them. (And large dogs too) These are the same people who allow their dogs to poop right outside the front entrance and don't pick it up. Also the same people who allow them to pee on our front entrance and kill all the grass so it looks like we're living in a ghetto.

What is a reasonable person to do? Please post advice below.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the best thing to do is talk to your landlord and demand he do something about it; if nothing changes, demand to be let out of your lease and move elsewhere, preferably to the top floor of the next place.

More satisfying than the above however may be to take the matter into your own hands, begin saving urine for loading water balloons missiles and prepare a uric acid ambush for your uncouth neighbours.

Anonymous said...

call the landlord if you have already talked to the offending parties (and I know you did that last year, didn't you?) Enough's enough! No more dog pee on the porch! bummer. Mom

Anonymous said...

Ok, Meg, we really enjoy your blog, but that was unexpected and traumatizing - especially during breakfast...I did my time in Tennessee and then I moved away! ;) Seriously though, I would think the landlord wouldn't want any kind of pet pee damaging the property - it's a slight deterrent to prospective renters! If the landlord refuses to do anything, I'd look into contacting a consumer advocate type. One of our local news stations does a "Help Me Howard" segment in which they cover the plights of local folks who need a little "help" from the media to put a fire under some individual's butt! -V

Anonymous said...

move to Oklahoma City

CrazyHomeK said...

OK. that is just disgusting. I advise you to contact your Landlord in writing. Attach pictures and possibly one of the peeballoons mentioned by anonymous as further proof of what you are enduring. Demand that they do something about it or you're leaving. There's always mom and dad's place. LOL

Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

Yuck! Contact landlord ASAP!

kkoois said...

update! update!