Sunday, February 10, 2008

Aloha Suckers!

To all of you poor folks suffering in the Midwest in below zero temps, ALOHA! It's 75 degrees and the sun is shining on this side of the Pacific Ocean. We made it! We couldn't have been happier to be off that plane. Flying these days is like riding a Greyhound bus. They make you pay for everything (including a pillow and blanket for $9.95. I spent $16 on bad crackers and cheese and we froze because I wouldn't spring for the designer polyester blanket/pillow set) and you could end up sitting next to a guy from a third world country, carrying fatal TB and a chicken. The flight attendants also treat everyone like they have TB and a flea-bitten chicken. I guess I can't fault them too much considering what they have to put up with (drunks, terrorists, screaming super-models) but I can't really understand why they insist on scolding everyone for the entire flight. Where is the attendance in flight attendant? Every time I rang my bell it felt like I was disturbing someone's bridge match.

"Yes?" (raised eyebrows, annoyed expression)

"Could I have some more water? And I have some garbage here I need to dispose of."

"Sure. What's in the garbage? Is there a diaper in there?" (Accusatory tone.)

"Well yes, but it's a wet one and it's completely wrapped in plastic and in the throw up bag"

"We don't do that." (Very stern teacher voice) You're going to have to take it to the lavoratory" (what is a lavoratory anyway? Why don't they call them bathrooms like everyone else?)

"Well, I would, but my child is sleeping without a belt on and I can't just leave her there"

The flight attendant and the man with TB and a chicken simultaneously say, "I'll watch her for you"

"Okay" I say, ashamed that I tried to pass off a diaper on a flight attendant as regular garbage. I spent the rest of the flight too embarassed to ask for anything else.

Veronica is still very tired and jet lagged. Yesterday she took a 2 hour nap, then woke up and continued her nap in Grammy's swing for another hour. The tropical breeze put her right out. It was so sweet. She had the best nap of her life.
Other mommies get dandelions. Look what I got! Giant RED GINGER!!!

Veronica is learning how to garden with Grammy. She's the best teacher around! Veronica came running to me with a flower as big as she is saying "big flower!" So cute!




More to come!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

She looks like she's having a great time. So cute. Can't wait to see you both!

Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

Glad you got there safely (even if I am cursing you under my breath... :)

Seriously, looks like you are having a blast, and that nap looks heavenly. Hopefully Mom got one too?

Keep the photos coming!

M. Fox said...

Nap? What's a nap? The jet lag is killing me. The child gets up at 3am every day. I fight with her for the next 2 hours to keep her asleep. Then she watches movies in her bed until 7 when I can stand to get up. Everything here is great except the time difference. It's very difficult for the little ones. ugh.

Anonymous said...

This is a test
Love Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hello. Great pictures! We love them. Kayla wants to visit Veronica, so do I. What a beautiful flower. Hope you are all having a great time. Please send more pictures, we miss you!
Love and kisses,
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Ah! So cute!!!!
Is this your house I see? The kitchen? The yard?
I miss you too much...and NYC is Mr. Freezy Pants, so wish I was with you for two reasons...

XOXOXOX
Kenlynne

cfox said...

It looks beautiful there. I think Veronica picked the best place to continue her nap! I wish we were there with you, I need the sun desperatly! I hope you all enjoy every moment you have there because the weather here stinks as always! Love you guys! xoxoxo